Monday, August 25, 2008

Hi Yo Silver!



I'll bet you're humming the William Tell Overture right about now, aren't you? Yep, me, too. I love the Lone Ranger. He's one of my earliest childhood heroes. As a matter of fact, if you could go back to when I was six and ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I'd have probably said one of three things, Spider-Man, an eye doctor, or the Lone Ranger. My Spider-Man fantasy, I'll go into in a later post. The eye doctor thing came from the fact that my childhood eye doctor was really cool, had Bill Cosby Picture Pages books in his office, and was always taking photos of my eyes because he thought they were so cool. I obviously grew out of that phase, but, I digress... The Lone Ranger, with his classic iconic look, ranks right up there with King Arthur, Robin Hood, and Superman on the all time greatest noble hero list. I've heard the rumors about a new Lone Ranger movie in the works and I can't wait to see it all come together. Personally, I think Nathan Fillion of Firefly/ Serenity fame would be a dream choice, but that could just be the little sci-fi fan boy in me doing a bit of wishful thinking. Anyway, enough of my ramblings, I'm going to go ride off into the sunset now.

No comments: