Sunday, April 6, 2008

Boxcar Astronaut Sketchbook #1

(This post was originally published on 4/6/08 at BoxcarAstronaut.com)
Greetings, Fellow Astronauts! I'm your friendly neighborhood boxcar artist, Marc Lapierre here with a brand new section of the ol' Boxcar Astronaut website called the Sketchbook. In this section, I'll be posting all sorts of fun stuff. Periodically, I'll be bringing you early concept designs of you favorite Boxcar characters, rough pencil art of some of you favorite moments from past strips, and anything else I feel you might get a kick out of. So watch this space, you never know when I'll post something new! And now, dear Boxcar fans, I present to you a glimpse into the inner workings of your new favorite comic strip.
-M


This here is a very early concept sketch for our favorite automaton. Robot went through several different design possibilities before I fell in love with this version.



Here we have Ben and Devin's first meeting from strip # 2.



Ah, good ole Diogee! Even in this early design sketch, he's as loveable as can be.




No comments: